Video below is from 12/23. 63 degrees. Objectives for the track: increase duration of focus, practice turns, deal with distraction Nim stayed in the game, made the four turns with ease (almost seemed accidental), and refocused after distractions. Things we can improve: Article indication, speed and precision of track laying. As is my custom, I tethered Nim near the start of the track, then laid the track. I don't think I'll do that again in a park. The track was 350 yrds long, and Nim was out of my sight for much of the track laying. I was very anxious about some kind person thinking he was abandoned. It's cool enough for me to leave him in the car. Safer that way.
Popular posts from this blog
I've posted video from the November 25th tracking class as well as video from tracking with Nimrod on the 2nd. The tracking class video is late because we were out of town for the holiday and had no internet. Then there were network connection problems. The Dec 2nd track was article with food, ten shuffle steps FD, 3 steps, FD, ten shuffle steps. It was a 1, 90-degree L turn. Each leg was about 100 yards if I understood Google Earth correctly. The track had no age as I was losing light rapidly. google
Rather than a verbal cue, let’s try throwing a small handful of treats down. He’s ignoring the verbal cue (they don’t speak English), so there’s no reason to use it. Your goal is to get him back to work as soon as possible, and scattering treats might just do that. Remember to always have loose treats in your vest—not in a bag or container, but loose in your vest pocket.
ReplyDeleteAfter he recovers from the distraction, he really gets into it!